There may be some days the museum may be closed due to renovations. Please call (936-295-2155) before
The Third Annual Texas Prison Museum Director's Cup Golf Tournament will be held on Friday, May 3,
2019 at Ravens Nest Golf Course in Huntsville Texas. Please call the museum for details.
The 14th Annual Old Timers Reunion is on October 19, 2019 from 10am-2pm in the conference
room. All retired prison employees and their spouses are invited to attend. Come join us for
free food, fellowship, and door prizes.
Thanks to everyone who participated in the fund raiser.
Special information for school tours.
Instructions for Schools
Visiting the Texas Prison Museum
Thank you for your interest in the Texas Prison Museum. A unique and enlightening visit awaits
your group of students. We have artifacts and information dating back to the early days of the
prison system in the 1800’s. You may want to consider poking around the rest of our web site
to gain some knowledge and facilitate the planning for your trip here. We have lots of information
about our museum and the displays we have, plus a few stories from the prison system that you
might find interesting.
A few things to keep in mind while you are visiting our museum:
- The highest number of students that we can accommodate in the area that the tour begins is
about 35. If you have more we strongly suggest dividing them into groups and staggering
their entry into the museum.
- Cameras are welcome and you may take all the pictures you like.
- Phones are welcome with ringers turned off. If a call is received in the museum, please move
to the foyer or outside the building to converse with the caller.
- We have a full size replica cell. While everyone is invited to go in and experience the cell
we ask that no more than two people at a time go inside. Do not climb onto the top bunk.
When opening and closing the cell door make sure that everyone's fingers and hands
are out of the way. If your students go into the cell we ask that a chaperon
or teacher be present to make sure that these rules are followed. This may require that an
adult supervisor be immediately outside the cell for the entire visit.
- No food or drinks allowed inside the museum.
- Students $3.00 each
- Chaperons $4.00 each
- Please pay for the entire group at one time. This will save time entering the students.
Thank you and we look forward to your visit.