Donate to the TPM Building Expansion Fund
The 13th Annual Old Timers Reunion is on Saturday, October 13, 2018 from 10am-2pm in the conference
room. All retired prison employees and their spouses are invited to attend. Sandra Rogers will be on
site to sign her recently published book, Electrocutions in Texas
1924-1964. Come join us for free
food, fellowship, and door prizes.
Winners of the Prison Museum Raffle:
- Marshall Herklotz, 2017 Ford F-150 XLT Super Crew cab pickup
- Matt Gross, 2018 EZ-Go S4 Golf Cart
- William Huebner, $1500 gun
Thanks to everyone who participated in this fund raiser.
Special information for school tours.
Instructions for Schools
Visiting the Texas Prison Museum
Thank you for your interest in the Texas Prison Museum. A unique and enlightening visit awaits
your group of students. We have artifacts and information dating back to the early days of the
prison system in the 1800’s. You may want to consider poking around the rest of our web site
to gain some knowledge and facilitate the planning for your trip here. We have lots of information
about our museum and the displays we have, plus a few stories from the prison system that you
might find interesting.
A few things to keep in mind while you are visiting our museum:
- The highest number of students that we can accommodate in the area that the tour begins is
about 35. If you have more we strongly suggest dividing them into groups and staggering
their entry into the museum.
- Cameras are welcome and you may take all the pictures you like.
- Phones are welcome with ringers turned off. If a call is received in the museum, please move
to the foyer or outside the building to converse with the caller.
- We have a full size replica cell. While everyone is invited to go in and experience the cell
we ask that no more than two people at a time go inside. Do not climb onto the top bunk.
When opening and closing the cell door make sure that everyone's fingers and hands
are out of the way. If your students go into the cell we ask that a chaperon
or teacher be present to make sure that these rules are followed. This may require that an
adult supervisor be immediately outside the cell for the entire visit.
- No food or drinks allowed inside the museum.
- Students $2.00 each
- Chaperons $3.00 each
- Bus driver: FREE
- Please pay for the entire group at one time. This will save time entering the students.
Thank you and we look forward to your visit.